While we are on the subject of me getting sweaty and disgusting while running (instead of doing demo, for once), and while the
toilet room master bathroom sits in limbo (we are at the “staring at it” phase of the renovation), I thought I would share another upcoming running event I will be participating in. The Dirty Girl Mud Run is a 5k for – you guessed it – (dirty) women!
Here are the reasons why I like this run:
1. It is named after The Dog (she is a Dirty Girl);
2. It is for all ages and athletic abilities – the perfect “starter” event for someone who wants to get into running, but isn’t sure where to start (or the perfect follow-up event for someone who finished the Tough Mudder and will be limping for the next month);
3. It is all women, so instead of getting awkward stares when I adjust my boobs for some lift and separation in my sports bra, I will get knowing winks and high fives;
4. Dirty Girl partners with and donates money to the National Breast Cancer Foundation;
5. Cancer survivors get free registration;
6. It is NOT timed;
7. There is music along the course; and
8. Adult beverages at the end.
Plus, I get to hang out with the ladies I have met through the Tampa Bay Bloggers, including Caroline of My Fascinating Life, Nicole of Healthy Girl Adventures, Genna of R is for Running, Jenny of Metamorfit, Jessica of Cuban Running Crisis, Denise of Run DMT, Christie of Average Moms Wear Capes, Margarita of Cupcake Cardio, and Steph of Kitchen KM (running with a separate team in honor of her mother). I am sure more ladies will be joining us!
If you would like to join in on the fun, head over to Dirty Girl’s website and sign up! You can get a 20% discount on any of their Florida races by using the code “FLBLOGGUEST.” As an added bonus, if you register for the Miami, Jacksonville or Tampa Dirty Girl Mud Run between Dec. 5th and Dec. 24th, you will automatically be entered to win a gym membership of your choice valued up to $500. I am never lucky enough to win anything, but you might!