If at first you don’t succeed … throw that crap away! That was my motto, anyways. The Boy won’t let me though. Boooooo, Boy.
Awhile back I made a soap dispenser out of a fantastic old jar I found at a thrift store. I used my diamond drill bit to put a (way too large) hole in the top, and used super glue to attach a cheap pump.
A few months later, and she isn’t looking so hot anymore.
All that pumping and moisture (get your minds out of the gutter!) have caused the super glue to lose its grip, and the metal pump started rusting at the bottom.
I cleaned the pump and the top of the jar with some steel wool I have left over from the wood stain Pinbuster, and it worked great.
The Boy had picked up some clear silicone adhesive, which I think will work much better and hopefully prevent some of the rusting. I put a small bead in a circle approximately where the pump sits, and put it back into place.
After wiping off the excess silicone, and letting it dry for about 30 minutes, she was good as new and back in place. So if at first you don’t succeed, ignore the problem until The Boy comes home with a solution. That’s my new motto.